Kennedy-Lugar YES Program in Bahrain
The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program was established in October 2002. The program is sponsored by the State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs to provide scholarships for high school students (aged 15-17 years) from countries with significant Muslim populations to spend up to one academic year in the U.S. The program is vital to expanding communication between the people of the United States and partner countries, in the interest of promoting mutual understanding and respect. Students live with host families, attend high school, engage in activities to learn about American society and values, acquire leadership skills, and help educate Americans about their countries and cultures.
YES Scholars will have the opportunity to:
- Live with an American family
- Study at a U.S. high school
- Participate in a youth leadership training program
- Experience U.S. culture and society firsthand
- Improve their English
- Make new friends
- Represent as Bahrain cultural ambassadors to the USA
- Should demonstrate maturity, flexibility, adaptability, and a commitment to promoting cross-cultural understanding.
- Be between the ages of 15 to 17 by the start of program.
- Should demonstrate a high level of academic achievement.
-Minimum grade of “B” in all subjects for the past year; overall “B” average for the past three years
- Must be born between January 1, 2006 and August 15, 2009.
- Private secondary school students in their home country who are currently enrolled in 9th or 10th Grade. Public secondary school students in their home country who are currently enrolled in 10th Grade.
- Applicant should be a Bahraini citizen.
- Applicant is not a U.S. citizen OR permanent resident and was not born in the United States.
Please make sure to submit your YES Application on November 11, 2023.
YES Scholarships cover all major expenses, including:
- Room and board
- Health insurance
- Pocket money
- Educational supplies
Note: To apply for this year’s K-L YES Program, please complete the application form. The application form is available at: www.tinyurl.com/YESbahrain2024
For any questions, please contact the AMIDEAST office at
Telephone: +973 3561-3315 [Bahrain] – only for WhatsApp