An unannounced demonstration of around 30 persons occurred near the U.S. Embassy Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at 1930 local time, after close of business. The embassy reopened for regular business October 19, 2023.
The U.S. Embassy in Bahrain is closely monitoring the security environment in Bahrain and throughout the region, including calls for demonstrations in Bahrain and neighboring countries. The U.S. Embassy is not aware of specific, credible, or actionable threats against the embassy or U.S. persons and interests in Bahrain. There have been more calls for demonstrations in Bahrain and a rise in online commentary and disinformation regarding events in Israel and Gaza. The U.S. Embassy advises citizens to continue exercising caution, refer to official news sources and government websites for information, and maintain personal security awareness.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas with demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile. Do not draw attention to yourself.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Manama
Building 979, Road 3119, Block 331, Zinj
P.O. Box 26431
Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
+973 1724 2700
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bahrain Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter