August 6, 2020
The Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within Bahrain. Updates on COVID-19 in Bahrain and the measures taken to reduce its spread are available on the Ministry of Health’s website: www.moh.gov.bh.
The Embassy is now accepting adult passport renewal applications that do not require an in-person appointment via the Consular Dropbox. Please see the instructions below to verify if you qualify for this service. Note that processing times may be delayed as passport printing centers in the United States resume limited operations.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person, routine American Citizen Services appointments continue to be suspended. If you have an emergency appointment request, please email ManamaConsular@state.gov. We are only able to accommodate in-person services related to a life or death emergency or imminent travel within the next 72 hours.
Qualifications to Renew Adult Passport via the Consular Dropbox:
Adults who are eligible to use the DS-82 form may apply using the Consular Dropbox. You are eligible to use the DS-82 form only if your most recently issued passport is undamaged (other than normal wear and tear) and was:
- Issued when you were age 16 or older;
- Issued within the last 15 years;
- And issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
If you cannot leave your current passport with us until your new passport arrives, do not apply via the Dropbox. While the average processing time is two weeks, please allow at least six weeks due to COVID-19 processing delays. If you are unable to use the Dropbox and you have imminent travel (in the next 72 hours), please email ManamaConsular@state.gov to request an emergency appointment.
Instructions for Using the Consular Dropbox:
The Consular Dropbox is located by the Embassy’s visitor parking lot. You may drop off your passport renewal application Sunday through Thursday, from 8:00
a.m. to 4:00 p.m. by putting the application package below in one of the clear plastic envelopes adjacent to the Dropbox and then placing the envelope inside the box. You will be alerted via email when your new passport is ready for pick up.
Your application package must include:
- A completed DS-82 form, signed and dated – we cannot process your application without a signature.
- A passport photo (photo requirements – please review carefully)
- Your most recently issued passport book, whether regular (blue), official (brown), or diplomatic (black)
- Payment – We accept money orders in USD only from the United States Postal Service (USPS) on NSA Bahrain, or a cashier’s check in USD only from your local bank. We do not accept cash via the Dropbox. Payment must be exactly $110 (passport book only), $30 (passport card only), or $140 (passport book and card), payable to U.S. Embassy—Manama, Bahrain (do not leave the money order or cashier’s check blank)
Please ensure your application package is complete by carefully following the steps above. Failure to include all required materials will cause significant delays in processing.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://bh.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions within Bahrain, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- +973 1724-2700
- Bldg 979, Road 3119, Block 331, Zinj
- P.O. Box 26431
- Manama – Kingdom of Bahrain