Summit Offers Global Investors Information on How to Grow Their Businesses in the United States
Registration is now open for the 2015 SelectUSA Investment Summit, to be held March 23-24, in the Washington, D.C. area. The Summit will showcase investment opportunities from every corner of the United States to investors from around the world, while high-profile business and government leaders share their insights on the latest business trends.
The 2015 Summit will build on the momentum generated by the U.S. economic recovery, as well as the sold-out success of the first SelectUSA Investment Summit. Held in late 2013, more than 1,300 participants came from 60 countries, 48 U.S. states, 4 territories, and the District of Columbia. “We were thrilled by the overwhelming demand expressed by investors and U.S. economic developers in 2013, so we’re making the 2015 Summit even bigger and better,” said Vinai Thummalapally, Executive Director of SelectUSA. “We’re nearly doubling the size and launching enhanced online matchmaking. The agenda is packed with practical information, including sessions highlighting opportunities in rural America and novel approaches to infrastructure investment, as well as a pre-Summit SelectUSA Academy for first-time investors.”
To accommodate the expanded event, the Summit will be held at the Gaylord National Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland. Participants will include international and domestic companies of all sizes seeking to establish or expand operations in the United States, as well as U.S. state, regional, and local economic development organizations; business associations; service providers; and other organizations that facilitate business investment. Media are welcome to register. All attendees must register in advance, and registration may fill up quickly.
In addition to an agenda featuring high-profile CEOs, government leaders, and other experts, the Summit will include a trade show where investors can meet directly with representatives of U.S. state, regional and local economic development organizations to learn about potential locations, resources, and incentives. Interested parties can visit www.selectusasummit.com for more information.
Who should attend?
- Investors, including representatives of international and domestic businesses of all sizes, who are seeking to establish or expand operations in the United States. Operations in the United States might include, but are not limited to, manufacturing, research and development, service provision, and logistics operations.
- Advisors, specialists, companies, chambers of commerce, and associations facilitating direct investment into the United States.
- International investors interested in infrastructure investment will find this year’s Summit particularly useful. There will be a plenary and a breakout session focused on infrastructure investing, and relevant agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Treasury, Transportation and Agriculture, will have a presence at the Summit.
Investors: Why should you attend?
- If you are thinking about opening or expanding operations in the United States, then the SelectUSA Summit will help you find the answers you need more efficiently, saving you time and money.
- You will have the opportunity to learn more about how, where and why to invest in the United States. You’ll also learn about resources and incentives directly from federal, state, and local officials.
- The United States, with well over 300 million people spread the width of a continent and beyond, is incredibly diverse. Our consumer market, our workers, our technology and our resources are vast and varied. This diversity means that there are opportunities for nearly every company – from start-ups to medium-sized enterprises to multinationals. The SelectUSA Investment Summit aims to provide unprecedented access to these opportunities – all under one roof.
- Through our robust online matchmaking program and on the trade show floor, you’ll be able to connect with other businesses, economic developers and government officials who can provide you with the tools and information you need to make a smart investment in the United States.