Potential Demonstration Alert – Embassy Manama, February 13, 2019
Location: Demonstrations continue to take place throughout Bahrain.
Event: Anniversary dates of significant events, including February 14th, typically experience a higher volume of violent protest activity. Unrest can occur without warning in any part of the country, including in places frequented by American citizens.
Some protests may become violent, and can range from throwing stones/Molotov cocktails to burning tires and setting up roadblocks. Host Government security forces may respond and at times there may be clashes between security forces and protesters.
Actions to Take:
- Maintain a heightened sense of awareness.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- If you encounter a demonstration, depart the area immediately and notify police by calling 999.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bahrain Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter