Location: Bahrain, country-wide
The Bahrain Ministry of Health has confirmed cases of COVID-19 within its borders. The Ministry of Health provides daily updates to its COVID-19 website.
As of December 21, Saudi Arabia suspended entry through land, air, and sea ports for at least one week, including passenger traffic on the King Fahd Causeway connecting Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. These suspensions are the Saudi Arabian government’s response to the new strain of COVID-19, and the government may extend these suspensions based on their assessment of the pandemic.
The Bahrain airport remains open for commercial travel but flights are reduced and subject to cancelation depending on Covid-19 restrictions in your country of destination.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://bh.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions within Bahrain, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- S. Embassy in Manama
- Bldg 979, Road 3119, Block 331, Zinj, P.O. Box 26431
Manama – Kingdom of Bahrain
- State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bahrain Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter