Health Alert: Restrictions on Entry to Saudi Arabia, February 3, 2021
Location: Entry to Saudi Arabia
Event: The government of Saudi Arabia has announced additional COVID-19 related travel restrictions. Beginning February 3, 2021 at 9:00 p.m. local, Saudi Arabia will suspend the entry of people traveling from the United States and 19 other countries, as well as travelers who have been in the United States or any of the 19 other countries within 14 days prior to seeking entry into Saudi Arabia. More details are available here.
At this time, the suspension does not include Bahrain. The full list of countries from where travel is suspended is: Argentina, the United Arab Emirates, Germany, the United States, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Pakistan, Brazil, Portugal, the United Kingdom, Turkey, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, France, Lebanon, Egypt, India, and Japan.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 at https://bh.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions within Bahrain, as local government restrictions can change quickly.
- If you are planning travel to Saudi Arabia, visit the Embassy’s Covid-19 page for conditions in Saudi Arabia: https://sa.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/
- Visit the CDC’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
U.S. Embassy in Manama
Bldg 979, Road 3119, Block 331, Zinj, P.O. Box 26431
Manama – Kingdom of Bahrain
State Department – Consular Affairs: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates