Public Affairs Section
Welcome to the Press and Cultural Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Manama, Bahrain. This section disseminates information and conducts programs on a variety of topics that are of interest to Bahrainis and Americans. Our activities, in Bahrain and the United States, promote academic and professional exchanges between American and Bahraini individuals and institutions thereby increasing understanding and cooperation on an individual level. Our programs address topics and issues that are of importance to the U.S./Bahraini relationship, ranging from foreign policy to environmental protection and American political, economic and social systems.
The Press and Cultural Affairs Section is your point of contact on
Cultural Programming, Fulbright Scholarships including the Humphrey Fellowships, English Language Teaching Support, Small Grants Program, and more.
This section also provides a variety of services to individuals and organizations in the Bahraini and foreign media. Press inquiries to any section of the Embassy should be directed to the Press & Cultural Attaché at (973)1724-2700.
The Commercial Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bahrain is dedicated to strengthening trade and commercial ties between Bahrain and the United States. It is part of the U.S. Department of State and represents the U.S. Department of Commerce Foreign Commercial Service (USFCS).
The Commercial Section offers comprehensive trade promotion assistance to both American and Bahraini companies through a variety of programs and services. While our primary mission is to promote U.S. goods and services in Bahrain, we also work closely with Bahraini businesses to find the products, technologies, services and partners they need from the United States. Our commitment is to:
- Counsel U.S. companies on market opportunities, regulations and methods of doing business in Bahrain
- Assist Bahraini companies in locating suppliers of goods and services in the U.S.
- Assist U.S. companies in locating agents and distributors in Bahrain
- Conduct market research targeted to the needs of U.S. companies
- Organize trade missions, trade shows and seminars to promote the sale of U.S. products and services
- Identify major projects and support U.S. companies bidding on projects in Bahrain
- Negotiate with the government of Bahrain on market access issues and barriers to trade and investment
- Mediate and resolve commercial disputes
For more information please call (973) 1724-2746 or email: ManamaCommerce@state.gov