U.S. Embassy’s address is:
Street Address: Building No. 979
Road 3119, Block 331
Manama – Kingdom of Bahrain
Applicants should enter the Consular Section at the Embassy’s North gate on Road 3119. Parking is available on Road 3118 in the lot next to the North gate. The only form of public transportation to and from the Embassy is by taxi.
Embassy Access: All visitors must identify themselves to a security guard at the main gate in order to gain access to the Embassy. Please bring valid picture ID with you.
Electronic devices such as mobile phones, Blackberries, iPods, iPads, notebook computers, PDAs, headsets, remote-entry automobile key “fobs” or anything with a power plug or battery are not allowed within the Embassy grounds. The Embassy provides storage facilities only for mobile phones and small bags.
Large bags, such as backpacks, suitcases or packages are not allowed within the Embassy grounds.
Visitors who do not follow these instructions will experience considerable delays at the security check point, which could result in the interview being cancelled.
Please note the following persons may accompany a visa applicant during Consular-related visits:
- Interpreter: Applicants may bring one interpreter if they do not speak English well enough to participate in an interview.
- Special Needs Visitors: Applicants may bring one person to help if they are elderly or disabled.
- Parents may accompany minor children when applying for a visa or a U.S. passport.
- Attorney: Attorneys will not be permitted to accompany clients into the waiting room or at their interviews without an appointment.
- Travel agents are not allowed to accompany applicants to the Embassy.
- U.S. Citizens: One American citizen may accompany an applicant.
Due to waiting room size, the large volume of applicants and the time required to screen consular clients, other accompanying persons cannot be admitted to the waiting room. Drivers, friends, extra relatives must wait outside or return to meet the applicant after the interview has been completed.
Hours of operation excluding U.S. and Bahraini holidays:
Visas: Sunday and Wednesday, 8:30 am – 11:00 am / 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm.
American Citizen Services: Monday and Thursday, 8:30 am – 11:00 am / 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm.
All passport pickup and drop off: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, 1:00 – 1:30 pm.