Notice to Prospective Vendors:
Dear prospective quoters/offerors:
The U.S. Embassy in Manama has procurement and contracting requirements throughout the year to receive supplies and services. Requests for Proposal/Quotation (RFP/RFQ) are required to allow the Embassy to more accurately budget for these supplies and services and will be announced on this Embassy website as Requests for Proposal/Quotation (RFP/RFQ). Many will also be advertised in the consolidated system beta at https://sam.gov/.
Vendors submitting RFP/RFQ are reminded that these projects are not yet funded, and the U.S. Embassy is not making any guarantee that the project will result in a solicitation or award of a contract. All RFP/RFQ, solicitation announcements, and awarded contracts will include all applicable provisions and clauses. All companies, firms, and agencies that respond to the solicitation must be technically qualified, financially responsible, and have the necessary personnel, satisfactory record of performance, satisfactory record of integrity & business ethics, equipment, licenses, and permits required by local authority.
The Embassy strongly recommends that vendors are registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) prior to submitting their quotes/offers for an open RFQ/RFP. This facilitates the Embassy review process and results in a more efficient awarding of the contract. SAM is the official portal for entities to register to do business with the Government. Users shall also renew or update their registration, check the status of their registration, or search for exclusion records. It is free – there is NO charge to register or maintain your entity registration record in SAM. No contract can be awarded until confirmation is received for SAM registration.
Contracting officers must check SAM for exclusions upon receipt of offers and immediately prior to all awards regardless of dollar value or any other exceptions.
FAR 4.1100 requires SAM registration in order for entities to eligible to receive contract awards, with the following exceptions:
- Awards below the micro-purchase threshold
- Awards to foreign vendors valued at or below $30,000 for work to be performed overseas when registration is impractical
- Awards issued overseas in support of diplomatic operations at danger pay posts
- Awards to individuals for performance outside the U.S.
- Awards to support unusual and compelling needs SAM registration has three steps:
- Obtain DUNS number by clicking this link http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform
- Obtain NCAGE code by clicking this link: https://eportal.nspa.nato.int/AC135Public/CageTool/home
- Complete the SAM registration by clicking this link: https://sam.gov/SAM/
Attached is the user guide (PDF 707 KB) for completing these steps to become a successful SAM registered vendor.