What is the Student Leaders Program?
The Student Leaders Program (SLP) is an intensive 5-week training program held at four U.S. universities for about 60 undergraduate and early-stage graduate students (age 20-24) from the MENA region. SLP will take place from June 24, 2020 to July 29, 2020 in the United States. Students gain hands-on knowledge about leadership, civic engagement, social entrepreneurship, and decision-making processes and learn how to apply these skills in their home countries. Students also participate in an alumni conference held in the Middle East or North Africa subsequent to their return to their home countries. The program is fully funded, including international airfare, travel within the United States, accommodation, meals, and program fees.
Can I apply for the Student Leaders Program?
- You are eligible for the program if:
- You are a Bahraini citizen, living in Bahrain, and attending university in Bahrain;
- You will be 20 to 24 years old at the time of entry to the U.S. The eligible birthdate range must fall between July 29, 1996 and June 24, 2000 ;
- You are proficient in English;
- You are committed to returning to Bahrain following completion of the program;
- You demonstrate characteristics of leadership and are interested in motivating your peers to promote positive change in Bahrain;
- You have a strong interest in learning about the United States;
- You demonstrate a commitment to civic engagement;
- You perform at high-level of academic achievement and currently attending an undergraduate or graduate degrees program (or have graduated from an undergraduate program within 6 months or less before the program start date), or will commence graduate program start date), or will commence graduate studies in the U.S. degree program for the 2019-2020 Fall academic semester;
- You are able and willing to participate fully in the intensive 5-week academic, community service and educational travel activities;
- You are open to campus life, sharing living accommodations with another participant of the same sex and traveling with multinational group of participants for the MENA region including U.S. citizens (without family and friends); and
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to new cultures and social settings.
How do I apply?
- You must complete the online application form found on https://studentleaders.fluidreview.com/ by Sunday, November 3 , 2019.