Apply for the International Writing Program at the University of Iowa by April 1, 2020
The US Embassy, Manama is pleased to announce the International Writing Program (IWP) at the University of Iowa.
The IWP at the University of Iowa provides a unique intercultural experience for established writers who have achieved literary distinction in their own country and for rising stars who have demonstrated literary talent, broad appeal, and an interest in contributing to their local creative writing scene. The University of Iowa plans to host the residency from August 30 to November 17, 2020 (dates are subject to change). The program will examine current trends in literature and the writing process, including fiction, drama, poetry and screen writing, in the U.S. and abroad. Participants will have the opportunity to develop their writing skills, share knowledge and techniques, and work with translators to help their writing reach a wider audience.
- Bahraini citizenship;
- Poets, writers, fiction writers, dramatists, bloggers, screenwriters and literary translators are all eligible to apply;
- Proficient in English; and
- Open to and interested in close interaction with writers from diverse countries and cultures.
Applicants must submit the following information, via email, to ManamaPAO@state.gov by Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
- A literary-focused curriculum vitae (CV); and
- A 10-15 page writing sample in English, or a writing sample in another language with an English translation, that has appeared in significant publication or attracted a large audience over a period of at least two years.