The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is funded by the U.S. Department of State and administered by the Institute of International Education. It provides young and mid-career professionals with an opportunity to enhance their professional skills though graduate-level coursework and professional affiliations at institutions throughout the United States. Humphrey Fellows are placed in carefully selected U.S. universities for a year of non-degree graduate-level study. Each campus has a Humphrey coordinator who will provide academic and administrative support, helping each Fellow design and implement an individualized program of academic course work and professional development activities. The program is not designed to offer a degree, but to provide broad professional enrichment. Fellows cannot transfer from a non-degree status to degree status under any circumstances. Therefore, Fellows identify and participate in professional affiliations where they gain practical experience by working with U.S. organizations specializing in a variety of fields.
Human and Institutional Capacity:
- Economic Development
- Finance & Banking
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
Rights and Freedoms:
- Communications and Journalism
- International Religious Freedom
- Law and Human Rights
- Trafficking in Persons Policy & Prevention
- Sustainable Lands:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environment and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Thriving Communities:
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV&AIDS, Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- International/domestic travel
- Accident/sickness insurance
- Monthly maintenance
- Funding for books
- Funding for professional activities
- Applicants must be Bahraini citizens.
- Applicants must be residing in Bahrain at the time of the application and during the entire selection process.
- Applicants much hold an undergraduate degree (BS or BA) of at least four years of full-time study and must have demonstrated academic excellence.
- Applicants must have a minimum of five years of full-time professional experience prior to August 1, 2022 in the relevant field. All work experience should have come after completion of a university undergraduate degree, and should be within the field of study. Applicants should be interested in the policy aspects of their fields of specialization.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership qualities and have a commitment to public service and the potential for professional advancement.
- Applicants must be proficient in both written and spoken English. If you have a TOEFL or IELTS score report, please attach the score report (Expired score reports will be accepted, only if available).
- Recent university graduates
- Individuals who have attended a graduate school in the United States for one academic year or more during the seven years prior to August 2022
- Individuals with recent U.S. in-country experience of any kind lasting more than six months during the five years prior to August 2022
- Individuals with recent third-country experience, especially in developed countries, may have a less compelling need for the Humphrey Program than a candidate who has never had a significant professional opportunity abroad
- University teachers or academic researchers with no management responsibilities, except in the field of substance abuse education, prevention, and treatment; and teaching of English as a foreign language.
- Individuals with dual U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status may not apply to the program, since they are ineligible for a J visa.
- Employees of U.S. Department of State or their immediate family members.
For full consideration: The application and documents must be typed, completed, scanned as one PDF file, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as one attachment. The application and documents should be emailed to email@example.com not later than September 7, 2021.
For more information about the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program, please visit the program link: https://www.humphreyfellowship.org/