This competitive regional program partially sponsors the participation of English language professionals in the annual Global TESOL conference and provides funding for an additional week of teacher-training workshops in the United States, either the week before or the week after the Global TESOL conference.
Preferred candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Hold a valid passport from Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, the United Arab Emirates, or Yemen and reside in the respective country;
- Are leaders or potential leaders in English language education their home country;
- Are in a position to relay or share the information and knowledge gained during the program;
- Have had an abstract accepted to conduct a workshop or present a research paper or poster session at the conference;
- Have not participated in a Global TESOL conference before;
- Are comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country;
- Are willing and able to participate in an intensive academic program and educational travel; and
- Are committed to returning to their home country following completion of the program.